Simone Marchetti was born in Rivoli, Italy, in 1984.
He approaches photography as a tool to analyze the connection reports between humankind and society. His work has been published in Witness Journal, Ev-magazine, Unesco, EFTI's Madrid's International Center of Photography.
He studied anthropology at the University of Turin and journalism and new media at the Donat-Cattin Foundation.
He lives in Berlin where he recently graduated from the International Class
at the "Neue Schule für Fotografie".
Currently freelance photographer.
- Publication and interview about the "Mask" series for
- Publication on EFTI's International Centre of Photography and Cinema of Madrid home page
- Publication for Skyscanner a guide for the city of Turin (Italy)
- Publication for the Polish monthly magazine Charaktery (https://charaktery.eu/)
- 1st prize and publication for the Italian magazine "EV-Magazin" with the reportage "Contstructions" and the portfolio "Dream Last Night"
- Personal publication on the first Italian monthly photojournalism newspaper “Witness Journal” with the reportage "Athens 2013"
- 1st prize 2013 UNESCO photo contest with the image "Confronted Forces"
- Cover picture for the European project We-Traders created by Goethe Institute, which tells the deprived urban areas in Europe
- Publication for the book´s cover “The awakening”, Kate Chopin – San Francisco
- Semifinalist for National MarteLive Italy
Available for commissions for editorial and commercial shoots